Thanks for your interest in the Benefit Specialist - Full-time position.
Unfortunately this position has been closed but you can search our 50 open jobs by
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Certificate or Diploma in in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of three years experience in Human Resources, with demonstrated knowledge in disability management, benefit and retirement plan administration.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc. is considered an asset.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy focused including excellent problem solving, analytical and research skills in order to gather information from various sources.
- Proven organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities and effectively meeting deadlines.
- Creative and analytical thinker with initiative to resolve problems and handle through to conclusion.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to changing business conditions.
- Display a high degree of confidentiality and professional judgement; must exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with both internal and external contacts.
- Exhibits a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach, dealing with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
Please apply by: 5:00 pm XXXXX
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.