If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Corporate Accountant to join our team.
The accountabilities for this position change dependent on which area of accounting the individual is focused on.
The Corporate Accountant is accountable to the Assistant Controller to complete general ledger reconciliations ensuring that the credit union and its subsidiaries are in compliance with the financial control framework.
The Corporate Accountant is accountable to the Accounting Supervisor to perform the day-to-day accounting activities for the credit union and its subsidiaries, complying with accounting policies and procedures
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Performs general
accounting functions, maintaining consistency and quality of accounting
processes, contributing to accurate financial statement information.
- Performs month end accounting
activities to support production of accurate financial reports in
accordance with established timelines.
- Ensures accounting journal
entries are prepared and reviewed in accordance with accounting policies
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Completion of an Accounting diploma.
- Pursuing an accounting degree/designation.
- Minimum of three years experience in an accounting role
- Well developed and demonstrated computer skills.
- Aptitude for attention to detail.
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible bonus day off every year, and the ability to purchase up to five additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.