Insurance Advisor - Part-Time
- Mar 03, 2017 Post Date
- Delivers superior client services by responding promptly and accurately to incoming calls and directing clients to the appropriate staff member as needed.
- Supports the sales staff by booking appointments with clients and completing administrative tasks that can be completed by a non-licensed individual.
- Greets and assists walk in clients or clients who have an appointment in a highly professional manner.
- Performs administrative duties as assigned including: ordering stationary, preparing correspondence, managing incoming and outgoing mail, and distributing information to insurance staff.
- Participates in the sales and service culture by actively building relationships with new and existing clients through providing excellent service and basic product knowledge
- Follows established procedures with respect to confidentiality, negotiable items, cash transactions, equipment, and surroundings to meet safety, legal and procedural requirements.
- Completes activity planners on a monthly basis and reviews with their performance leader.
- Maintains a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the organization.
- Maintains compliance with all audit and risk management requirements and all other internal policies.
- When licensed, can promote and sell one or more products.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- 12 months or more of previous customer service and sales experience
- Level 1 General Insurance License acquired within a 3 month period
- Proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of the Fundamental of Insurance course
- An established track record for self-development and continuous learning
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills in person and via phone
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.