If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our team.
This role is responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll related transactions in an accurate and timely manner while ensuring that payroll administration policies are consistent with statutory requirements. Through teamwork and collaboration is accountable to deliver an outstanding internal member experience with a focus on continuous improvement.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
for the accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll transactions
all entries are posted correctly and ensures compliance with mandatory
in problem resolution as it relates to payroll administration and request
related tracking reports and reconciliations.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in accounting or payroll administration.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc. considered an asset
- Client focused approach to business needs
- PCP or comparable
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.