Sr Advisor, Continuous Impr
- Feb 28, 2017 Post Date
- Manages and leads continuous improvement projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves end-to-end project management including resourcing, project planning, defining processes and business requirements, preparing business cases, implementing strategies, monitoring progress and deliverables, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and business owners.
- Participates and leads other First West enterprise projects.
- Provides administrative support to Manager, Continuous Improvement and department as required.
- Accountable for the development and delivery of continuous improvement initiatives for Central Operations and branch staff on continuous improvement initiatives and acts as primary resource and contact for these initiatives.
- Builds strong relationships with regulatory and external system partners.
- Participates as required in department and cross functional projects and acts as a subject matter expert or work stream lead for corporate projects.
- Plays a strategic role in planning and executing CI opportunities and initiatives for Central Operations.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Continuous Improvement executes operational implementation of new processes, including developing and leading training webinars, creating SOPs and writing communications.
- Reviews processes using LEAN methodology and recommends enhancements.
- Leads mini kaizens - including preparation by communicating expectations, working with business/ process owners, completing required documents (process briefing document, pre kaizen planning, visioning) and presenting recommendations to the business owner.
- Communicates with retail locations to prepare for project launches and gather feedback post project implementation
- Identifies process pain points and advises opportunities for simplification and if approved implements the change
Researches and develops policies and procedures including, regulatory requirements always considering the impact of any new operation policies on members and staff.
Carries out various administrative tasks to assist the AVP, Central Operations as required. Works in conjunction with Central Operations management on special projects and assignments.
Coordinates with all involved departments to implement system changes, revise policies, and create training materials, ensuring any affected organizational staff are trained.
Demonstrates superior leadership skills to effectively motivate and promote acceptance of new processes.
Maintains a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the organization.
Maintains compliance with all audit and risk management requirements and all other internal policies.
- Minimum 2 years of post secondary business related courses or relevant work experience
Strong PC literacy with demonstrated MS office experience using a wide range of MS applications; SharePoint experience an asset
Minimum 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated experience with developing programs or other initiatives associated with LEAN
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership capacity managing/influencing project initiatives and/or resources
- Experience writing business proposals and business cases
- Basic knowledge of project management would be considered an asset
- Ability to facilitate and chair meetings and lead discussions and focus groups
- Greenbelt training would be considered an asset
- Proven negotiation and solid reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment amidst rapidly changing priorities
- Effective time management and organizational skills to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written supporting effective interpersonal relationships
- Proven ability to motivate others and work well independently or in a team environment
- Well organized, detail oriented, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, building long-term relationships with stakeholders
- Takes responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve required knowledge for the job
- Aptitude for attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates ability to be open and flexible to change and working in a dynamic environment
- Creative problem solver
- Understanding of LEAN terminology and documents
- Team-focused attitude with demonstrated natural leadership skills.