If you believe in the same things we do, let’s talk.
First West Credit Union is a tight-knit team of smart, friendly, creative, skillful and passionate professionals spread across British Columbia and beyond. We’ve come together because we believe in making a real difference in people’s financial lives. We believe that keeping things simple, showing leadership, and banking cooperatively can change the world for the better.
We are seeking a Team Lead, Central Operations to join our team.
The Team Lead, Central Operations is responsible to provide support in the day to day operations of an assigned functional area within the Central Operations department. Responsibilities include: completion of assigned administrative work load; scheduling of staff to meet department needs; monitoring workflow and quality of work; working closely with Supervisor, Central Operations to ensure proper coordination and flow of work within the department; promoting teamwork; providing overrides and ongoing functional support to the team. The Team Lead exhibits a high commitment to teamwork and coordination of duties.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day:
- Assist with compliance
tasks and ensure team is working within the risk control framework of the
- Provide day-to-day support to the central
operations team, resolving day-to-day process concerns
and provide support with implementation of any process, procedure or system
changes, including communication and/or training, as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum 2 Years related experience (in a central operations department)
- Experience utilizing Internet and Web Based Applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and create a positive environment.
- Demonstrated ability utilizing MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and learn new processes quickly.
- Proven ability to effective mentor and train others.
Why work for us?
Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.