Team Lead, Community Crew - Temp Part-Time
- Mar 16, 2017 Post Date
Team Lead, Community Crew
Island Savings, a division of First West Credit Union has an outstanding opportunity for someone like you. If you are passionate about the community, and an ambitious, charismatic individual looking to develop your leadership and community relations and marketing skills while gaining exposure and developing their network with one of Canada’s largest Credit Unions.
This diverse role will give you experience with:
• Developing training programs for our Community Crew program
• Working with non-profit groups in our local communities
• Represent our brand out in the community
• Participating and organizing community events
• Professional Social Media marketing
• Corporate communications
• Leading and motivating a team up 4+ people
What we’re looking for:
• A driven, passionate person with relentless optimism and a need to connect with others
• Someone who has a professional demeanor, helpful and friendly attitude
• A strong connection to local communities and groups
• The ability to lead and inspire
• A Social Media savant
• An interest in pursuing a career in marketing, communications or the financial industry
• Class 5 BC Driver’s License
Why this is the best co-op ever:
• You get to make a difference in our local communities
• Learn from some of the industry’s leading professionals
• Great task diversity from being the public face of the community crew to behind the scenes work.
• Engage with the public to make a real difference in peoples’ lives
• Long-term opportunities available
Please apply by noon Friday April 7, 2017.
Note: This is a temporary part time position for approx. 1 year with an anticipated end date of March 31, 2018.
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.