VP Finance - Full-time
- Feb 03, 2017 Post Date
Education & Experience
- Hold one of the following professional accounting designations: CA, CGA or CMA
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a finance role, preferably in a financial institution;
- 10 years leadership experience with demonstrated proficiency in complex financial analysis and Advanced knowledge of corporate planning processes problem solving
- Advanced knowledge of corporate planning processes, budgeting, and forecasting
Attributes & Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment and support strong interpersonal relationships
- Proven communication skills, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Strong leadership background with the ability to establish priorities and set team goals
- Effective time management and organizational skills along with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities with the ability to motivate others
Why work for us?
- Our employees give us a lot and we think it’s only right to give something back. We offer a total rewards package that includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U”, and the ability to purchase up to 5 additional flex days
- Other financial perks such as waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages, and vehicle leases, and no-interest loans to buy computers or fitness equipment for home use
- Outstanding RRSP matching program
- A culture of growth and empowerment
- But most of all, we’re invested in our local communities. Our initiatives are far-reaching with a special focus on raising food, funds and awareness for our local food banks. We volunteer and employees can be provided with paid time off to volunteer their time to assist in serving an organization.
- What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together.